Friday, September 26, 2008

A Woman in Search of Her Keys

Last night I was able to attend a Healthy Woman event hosted by our local hospital. Lisa Smartt was the keynote speaker. Some of you know her from their time in Nacogodoches, Lufkin, College Station or through her husband Philip. I happened to see her picture in a newsletter I received in the mail and was so excited to see she was coming to our town. She spoke on "Hope for Women Who Can't Find Their Keys: Confessions of an Imperfect Woman". She was HILARIOUS! I have always adored this woman and what an inspirational speaker she is. She also wrote her first book The Smartt View: Life, Love, and Cluttered Closets. I had the opportunity to eat dinner with her and her sweet mother gave me the door prize she won - a 1 hour massage. What an evening. I also bought three books! You can find out more about Lisa on her website and to see if she is coming to an event near you .

No comments: