Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cool Field Trips

Last week we took two field trips. The first was to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth with a homeschool group. It was a very cool tour on how money is made - we learned about design, engraving, and printing of paper currency. There are only two sites in the country which make paper currency - Washington D.C. and Fort Worth. If you have an "FW" on your bill, it was made in Fort Worth. The second field trip we took on our own to the zoo where we focused on birds. Below are some of the pictures, Sean took with his camera.

On Friday, we are headed to the skating rink for the second time in a week. Saturday was Sean's first time to attempt to skate. He never really "got it" but he did take his skates off and won a prize for his dance moves. When we left he said he needed to come back every day and practice until he could do it - he is so his father's son. It was my first time on roller skates since probably the early 80s - maybe late 70s - egads! I tried a stint on roller blades in college, but it wasn't pretty. The highlight of the evening was when Lee and I got to couple skate under the disco ball :)



1 comment:

Christina said...

I tried the roller blade thing too. Not pretty! I think us uncoordinated folks should get double points for continuing to try these things!