My friend Cari commented a few posts back that I needed to add a video of Sean's first birthday cake. I believe this photo sums up how Sean felt about his first cake....you can almost hear the gag reflex. The other sounds were of all the family laughing, Cari shouting "Give that boy some chocolate" and Christina sweetly offering her support. I just was following the healthy birthday cake out of what to do the first year book ;) I relented the next year, and he had a chocolate Thomas cake. And yes, Jesus' birthday cake did have sugar - pure Duncan Hines lavished with a sugar frosting. 


3 comments:
I'm still cracking up! You are THE best mom.
That is an awesome picture! What kind of cake was it??
For my daughter's first birthday cake I did the same kind of thing...a vegan carrot cake with fake cream cheese icing made out of tofu and cashews. Seriously. It really was pretty good. I mean, it wasn't chocolate but pretty good.
But don't you know that I was the laughing stock of my family!! They could NOT believe that I did that to my baby for her first birthday. I blame my parents for making ME weird in the first place.=)
Kathy, I still think you did the right thing! Sean just had an early knack for entertaining us!
Post a Comment