Saturday, October 18, 2008

The State Fair

We met Mimi at the State Fair yesterday.
The day was filled with watching dog tricks and pig races, midway rides, looking at (and smelling) livestock, petting Elsie the cow, a BMX show, lots of walking, riding the Texas Star ferris wheel, drinking lemonade, watching the patient Dominoe Man (Sean's favorite), and eating corn dogs, cotton candy, and a popsicle. I was really tempted to try the fried grilled cheese and a funnel cake...but I passed.
Big Tex
A bit of state fair trivia: Did you know his voice is not a recording?
Someone is there the entire show to talk. The new "Bo"
Mimi and Sean with their State Fair corn dogs - and we're not talking the frozen kind.
Send in the clowns...
Our first ride on the ferris wheel - do you realize how tall it is?
SEVERAL stories...have I ever mentioned that I don't like heights?

1 comment:

CDJ said...

So Big Tex is sportin' the skinny jean/ stirrup pant this season?

I love the photo of the three of you. Clocks UNITE!!!