Monday, June 21, 2010

From the Weekend


Last week, a college friend, Amie, passed away at age 39 after a long battle with cancer.  She married Lee's college roommate, Doug.  Lee and I traveled to her funeral this weekend so we could celebrate her life.  She had said she wanted to survive 5 years so that her son would be 7...and she did.  She also had an 11 year old daughter.  Amie was able to see both of her children baptized and also took a summer vacation with her family two weeks ago.  I found these pictures after I learned of her death.
Amie is second from the left - what a cool purple shirt I'm wearing.

A Halloween party - Amie was the Queen of Hearts, Jenny was someone off of Star Trek, Brent cooked the food, and I was Agent Orange - you can't see my badge and plastic orange gun :)

Doug and Amie's wedding shower hosted by college students - note the duct tape wrapping.


Amie and Beth

1 comment:

CDJ said...

What fun memories. You are a wonderful friend!