Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Recap

Last week we spent the first three days in East Texas with Sean's Nana and Poppy while Lee was traveling with work. We enjoyed our visit with family and friends.
Sean, Poppy, and the Wii

Nana and Sean

Early Thursday morning we headed to Homeschool Day at Six Flags - which was "totally awesome". Hopefully we will attend again next year. We took one of Sean's good friends with us. Towards the end of the day, there was not a line for the "Batman" roller coaster. Lee encouraged me to go ride it since he'd just gotten back and was beaming from the thrill of it. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive but since there was no wait, I didn't have much time to dwell on it. Needless to say, I screamed the entire way "AHHHH and OH-MY-GOODNESS!!!!" with my eyes tightly shut on the loop-d-loops. My throat hurt when I got off and Lee asked if I was okay when I returned. I thought possibly my brain and eyes had detached but he assured me they had not. I pretty much was done after the "thrill" ride. The boy with us said that he knew when I was riding the roller coaster because he could hear me screaming (from across the park mind you) and he knew what it sounded like because he heard me earlier - on the kiddie rides.

Friday and Saturday were spent at the Homeschool Conference. I bought all of our curriculum and enjoyed the speakers and hanging out with friends. While in the parking lot (which is next to Six Flags), I could hear screams of nearby roller coaster riders and believed that Sean's friend might have been telling the truth.

I awoke Sunday morning to streamers and balloons, homemade cards, breakfast and a new reading lamp. We headed east for the day to spend time with Lee's mom, sister and her family. We had a great time over the past three weeks but I think we were all ready to get back to our routine :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sounds like y'all have been on a fun spree! Enjoyed the visit the other day. Can't wait to see you guys at Peteet Retreat!