Friday, May 22, 2009

Aloha!

My birthday was on Wednesday. On Sunday, when I picked Sean up from Sunday School, his teacher said "Sean tells me ya'll have big plans on Wednesday." With a stern face and a tone Sean replied "I did not." Oops, her bad. On Wednesday, all day Sean told me that it was not my birthday and when a relative called, he nearly hung up on her when he told her to call back the next day. It was all his attempt to surprise me that night when his dad came home. When he arrived, they sent me to my room for an hour while they "talked." In one hours time, the backyard was decorated with balloons, tiki torches, straw skirts, streamers, etc., and my neighbors were on the porch.Ms. Nora and Mr. Tom joined in the fun.

Lee whipped up some fruit k-bobs, fried spam (that's right), ham slices,
tropical dried fruit, fruit cocktail and Hawaiian punch.
This is the same man who eats pringles and water
when I'm out of town so this was huge!


My son picked out a music card that said on the front " A long, long time ago...
(cue the Star Wars theme song) you were born."



I thought I turned 39 however there were 50 candles on the cake. There was a little miscommunication between Lee and Sean.



4 comments:

Rob said...

Happy Late Birthday! Looks like Lee and Sean made it very special for you.

CDJ said...

Spam? Seriously?
50 is way out.
Happy Birthday. Sean is definitely learning how to be a great spouse. (perhaps some little girl in our household might benefit from such training in the future???? We offer a variety of ages and hair colors:)

Kathy said...

Spam is supposedly popular in Hawaii and he was keeping with a theme ;)

Marcia Tapp said...

Sweet boys!