Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Leave a Message Please

We just realized that for the past month our answering machine message had changed.  For several years, Sean's voice has been the message.  We had recently started receiving unusual messages along with the normal appointment reminders.  My mom had left one where she was laughing and talking to Kate.  Finally, a friend left a message that made me decide to go listen.   Remember...it has been a month.

The message was a whispered hello and breathing from Kate followed by muffled grown up voices followed by a loud protesting shriek followed by a click.  Nice. 

Yesterday, a telemarketer called and assured me that she wasn't selling anything.  I had barely commented when I thought the phone had been struck by lightning because of a loud noise.  I hung up quickly and walked around the corner to see Sean taking the phone from Kate who was protesting loudly in the telemarketers ear...another click.  We awaited calls from the authorities :)

Today, at Kate's 18 month appointment, the nurse asked if Kate knew to say hello on the phone and I said "yes, yes she does" and left it at that.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Crud! I never call the house phone. I missed it!!! That girl cracks me up:)
"Yes, yes she does.":)