Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Five Words

Five words shouted that can stop my heart -
"Mom, come kill this snake!"
I ran outside with a shovel thinking Sean had found a copperhead.
Luckily, it was a speckled king snake. I let him live another day since he likes to eat poisonous snakes - that's my kind of snake :)

2 comments:

Marcia Tapp said...

Good thing for him you know your snakes - he'd a been dead meat at my house! :) Yikes!

PS Esther was thrilled with her note and pics of said snake from Sean.

Vivian said...

I had a snake experience this week, also. I was watering my bouganvillea that is just growing everywhere. I planted it in the ground last year just outside the sunroom - just a test to see if it could survive the winter, and lo and behold it did! Out slithers a lovely long and dark and angry snake. We stared at each other for a couple of minutes. I decided it was a rat snake and that I would let it live. Better to have a rat snake than rats, I say!