Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Shiner

We had a bit of excitement today while Sean had a friend over.
While racing, Sean tripped and hit the edge of our deck with his face. (Thanks be to God, that he didn't hit his eye.) He didn't cry and was out riding his bike when his friend said "Ms. Kathy, Sean fell and I think he's hurt." I didn't think anything of it until I saw the new growth on his face. The picture doesn't do it justice - much larger and more colorful. However, all is well, and he can't wait to have his soccer picture taken tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Rob said...

Man, that looks like it hurts. This must be the week for face injuries. Katy was getting a piggy-back ride from one of her cousins and she ran Katy right into a low-hanging oak tree limb that my father-in-law has been needing to trim ever since I've known him.

Vivian said...

That does look rough! It will make quite an impressive soccer picture, though. He will really look tough.

Christina said...

Sean looks proud of his boyhood battle scar!

lemmingrun said...

Sean, you are not suppose to use your face for stopping a fall! OUCH!!
Granna

jamielblev said...

Wow that looks so painful!!!! I'm glad it wasn't his eye!